Kilimanjaro Trekking Tour
Standing astride the equator, Mount Kilimanjaro is Africa’s roof top and the world’s highest free standing mountain. Surrounded by some of the world’s greatest game reserves, Kilimanjaro towers above like a massive sentinel, beckoning adventurers to climb her. Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro is no easy feat but well worth the physical challenge it imposes on those who take on this unique mountainous wonder. The two main summits of Kilimanjaro: craggy Mawenzi, 5149m, and ‘flat-topped’, Kibo, 5896m are separated by The Saddle, a 5km wide, high-altitude, semi-desert. Kilimanjaro possesses a whole range of environments including the summit glaciers, scree, cliffs, afro-alpine moorland then forests which lead down to cultivated foothills.
As one of the most popular routes, the Machame Track is highly regarded for the wide variety of scenery whilst also boasting fantastic views of the mountain and surrounds on the ascent. It is seen as a more difficult route compared to some of the other alternatives but enjoys a solid success rate as the route’s extra day helps with the acclimatisation process.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers via Kilimanjaro International Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in Moshi on half board
- Enrolment in the Flying Doctor Service for emergency medical evacuation
- Accommodation in mountain tents. We use the highest quality expedition tents
- All meals while on the mountain
- All park fees, including mountain rescue fees, and government taxes
- English-speaking mountain guide, a skilled cook, and enough porters for luggage, food, and water.
- Transport from your hotel to the mountain and return
- Toilet Tent
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature eg. phone calls, internet etc.