Sea Kayaking Papua New Guinea
In many respects, Papua New Guinea has been untouched to the western way of life and is therefore an ideal destination for those who have a thirst for exploration and adventure. In what seems like almost endless kilometres of coastline with hundreds of islands, PNG is a sea kayakers haven. This expedition takes you and your group to the Tigak area of north west New Ireland, around 1.5 hours flight from the Port Moresby. Traditionally known for surfing and scuba diving, the region is shaped by its long string of islands that stretches out from New Ireland and skirts the east coast of New Hanover. These islands are surrounded by pristine clear waters and untouched coral reefs, home to a plethora of sea life.
The locals that inhabit these islands are generally made up of small villages that use the sea as its main source of food. Some inhabitants have made their life on islands as small as a football field while others occupy some of the more larger islands where they farm fresh fruit and vegetables.
This 9 day sea kayaking tour in Papua New Guinea will have you relishing the remoteness of this untouched part of the world. You will paddle from one small island to the next, meeting people that have rarely seen outsiders, snorkel beautiful reefs and sample delicious locally caught seafood.
- Kayak use with all safety gear including vest, paddle, decks etc.
- Accommodation throughout trip including 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Port Moresby and 2 nights at Nusa Island Retreat
- Support boat throughout
- Radio contact between Kayakers, Support Boat and Kavieng
- All domestic flights
- National park fees
- Professional guide throughout expedition
- Local tours
- Airport transfers
- Ranger and local guide fees
- All meals as indicated in itinerary (7 Breakfast, 6 Lunches and 6 Dinners)
- Cultural displays
- International Airfares
- Travel Insurance
- All items of a personal nature, e.g. phone, internet etc.