Corsica Cycling Tours
It doesn’t take long to understand the allure of Corsica as a prime destination for cyclists looking for an unforgettable international cycling holiday. The rocky mountainous landscape and winding road network makes for a perfect concoction of both challenging and relaxing days in the saddle. Our Corsican cycling trip will have any keen cyclist salivating on the thought of taking to the road on this stunning Mediterranean island. First impressions count and you won’t be disappointed as your first day on the road has you rounding the northern tip of Corsica, Cap Corse. The scenery is a blend of rugged yet spectacular coastline, 16th century Genoese Towers and quaint fishing villages. As you make your way down the west coast, Corsica’s attractions are in abundance and everywhere you look. Visit the trendy seaside beach villages of St Florent and Algajola. See the unique pink cliffs of Porto and take in this seaside towns’ resort buzz. Brace yourself for the climb as you exit Porto whilst being more than compensated as you cycle through the UNESCO world heritage listed rock formations of Les Calanques. A fitting end to your trip as you stay in the Corsican capital Ajaccio, famed for being the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte. Ready? Contact us to explore this trip further with us!
- 7 nights 3 Star hotel accommodation with private facilities (unless otherwise stated) – Twin Share
- Comprehensive and extensive trip preparation with a well researched itinerary combined with excellent riding routes
- Airport transfers on scheduled tour dates
- A ‘welcome reception’ at the commencement of the trip
- GPS data (transferrable to riders computers) for all the main routes of your trip
- Michelin maps with full route description and a profile for each day
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip extension advice
- Full support vehicle assistance
- Water and snacks provided daily
- Transportation of your luggage and equipment as per the itinerary
- All breakfasts, two lunches, three dinners.
- Expert leadership: you can expect 2 leaders per trip with groups of 7+
- Daily meeting to review maps prior to each day’s ride
- Bike box storage or transfer if a point-to-point trip
- Bike rental assistance (if required)
- Airfares and excess baggage charges (if any)
- Travel insurance -highly recommended
- Optional tipping to tour guides
- Spare parts & spare wheels etc.
- Energy supplements; gels, powders & bars.
- Your bike, lunches and some evening meals (as indicated)
- Beverages including wine and beer
- Any expenses incurred by delays in public transportation (air, sea, rail and bus)
- Any sightseeing costs (unless included as a trip feature)
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. phone, internet, laundry etc