Fly Fishing New Zealand
Go Fly Fishing New Zealand via Jet Boat in the South Island’s Fiordland region and experience the fast flowing water of the Waiau River. Its vast, dominate and immense flow is surrounded by immaculate forests and a jaw dropping mountainscape. The result is a secluded fishing oasis, inaccessable by foot and home to large numbers of wild trout that are relatively untouched. These Waiau River fish are renowned for their good health and condition, and the solitude makes them anything but fussy. The river is known for more action, less stalking. On this trip you’ll be based out of the beautiful town of Te Anau. The town of Te Anau sits on the fringe of a stunning lake wit a spectacular backdrop of the Murchison mountains and Mt Luxmore. Your fishing guide will meet you at your hotel every morning to take you on your days fishing and conveniently drop you back at the days end. Once the sun has gone down, spend a quiet evening at your hotel or venture out to taste some of the legendary local cuisine including local favourites such as lobster and venison. Te Anau has an extensive range of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets, from fish and chips to high end restaurants.
- 6 nights in 3 star Hotel Accommodation (twin share)
- Full Breakfast daily
- 6 days Car Hire
- 3 days of Fly Fishing the Waiau River by Jet Boat (with riverside BBQ lunch provided)
- 2 days of Fly Fishing surrounding Fiordland Rivers
- Daily Professional Fly Fishing guiding services
- Fly fishing tips, advice and tuition (if required)
- All Fly Fishing equipment
- Daily hotel pick-up and return
- Non-Resident Fly Fishing Licence and Back Country Licence (See More Information)
- Meals and Beverages (not already included in Accommodation and Fly Fishing Tour)
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. travel insurance, phone, internet etc.