Mountain Biking in Iceland
It didn’t take long for Iceland to pop up on our radar when searching for the world’s best mountain biking hot spots. It should be no surprise really because Iceland is actually the top of a submerged ‘mountain’. Iceland’s submerged foundations form part of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge where American and Eurasian tectonic plates drift apart. What you get is spectacular raw newly formed landscapes, from intimidating basalt mountains, endless lava fields, gigantic glaciers, roaring waterfalls and much much more. Iceland’s unique geography provides the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable international mountain biking experience. The rewards are well worth the trip to this remote part of the world. Riding remote single-tracks on the largest volcanic island on earth you’ll see black volcanic sand and cross through warm water streams. The active geo-thermal environment that has made Iceland famous surround you on this trip and you’ll really get that feeling that mother nature is in full control and almost altering the earth right before your very eyes. But this experience is more than just going mountain biking in Iceland, you’ll get to bathe in natural turquoise hot springs, spend nights in remote cabin style accommodation and taste authentic delicious Icelandic cuisine.
- Expert local leadership
- 2 nights in 3-star hotel and 4 nights in remote lodges (nights in lodges are in sleeping bags in common rooms)
- All meals (except 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinners)
- 2 airport transfers on scheduled arrival/departure days and all transportation
- Detailed pre-departure information
- Airfares to and from Reykjavík; personal travel and travel insurance
- One dinner, one lunch and one breakfast
- Airport taxes and excess baggage charges (if any)
- Your bike and related equipment needed to ride
- Items of a personal nature, e.g. phone, internet, beverages etc.
- Optional tipping to guides