Mountain Bike Tour Iceland
It didn’t take long for Iceland to pop up on our radar when searching for the world’s best mountain biking hot spots. It should be no surprise really because Iceland is actually the top of a submerged ‘mountain’. Iceland’s submerged foundations form part of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge where American and Eurasian tectonic plates drift apart. What you get is spectacular raw newly formed landscapes, from intimidating basalt mountains, endless lava fields, gigantic glaciers, roaring waterfalls and much much more. Iceland’s unique geography provides the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable international mountain biking experience. The rewards are well worth the trip to this remote part of the world. Riding remote single-tracks on the largest volcanic island on earth you’ll see black volcanic sand and cross through warm water streams. The active geo-thermal environment that has made Iceland famous surround you on this trip and you’ll really get that feeling that mother nature is in full control and almost altering the earth right before your very eyes. But this experience is more than just going mountain biking in Iceland, you’ll get to bathe in natural turquoise hot springs, spend nights in remote cabin style accommodation and taste authentic delicious Icelandic cuisine. This mountain bike tour is hard to top and goes down as one of most unique itineraries in the genre of MTB holidays. Get in touch with us we’ll take the hassle out of planning and booking this trip of a lifetime!
- Expert local leadership.
- Two nights 3-star hotel in central Reykjavík & five nights remote lodges. (Note: nights spent in lodges are in sleeping bags in common rooms).
- Five breakfasts, five lunches, five dinners.
- Airport transfer on scheduled arrival and departure days and all transportation.
- Detailed pre-departure information & trip extension assistance.
- Airfare to Reykjavík; personal travel and medical insurance – highly recommended
- Sleeping bag for five nights in remote lodges.
- Airport taxes and excess baggage charges (if any).
- Your bike and related equipment needed to ride.
- Personal items like drinks, snacks and energy supplements.
- Optional tipping to guides.
- We recommend approximately $25 USD per day for snacks and incidentals.